Should I get on a GSA Schedule?
Small businesses that obtain a GSA Schedule on average have more market share than small businesses without.
Number of GSA Schedule Holders
12,000 small businesses
Number of Non-GSA Holders (sam.gov only)
330,000 small businesses
Here is the marked difference:
· On average, GSA Schedule Holders have over 3x more sales ($1MM vs $272K) of non-schedule holders.
· In addition, as a GSA Schedule holder you have the opportunity to brand your business, whereas on the open bid market even the best of the best are in a sea of many. There is no real advantage to get in front of the contracting officers, they get thousands of emails from companies like you every day what how will they ever know you may be different?
· A GSA Schedule provides an advantage in competing small federal contractors as well as leveling the playing field verses large federal contractors.
· GSA performs the contractor responsibility determination IAW FAR Part 9 at the contract level. A separate determination of responsibility is not required at the order level.
· Conducting a cost and price analysis as prescribed in FAR Subpart 15.4 is not required. Fair and reasonable pricing is determined by GSA at the contract level. Ordering activities must ensure that pricing does not exceed the GSA Schedule price and consider discounts offered at the order level when evaluating price.
GSA Schedule/MAS Contract is your entry level into the Government Contracting World. Once you are ready to grow your business we can help do the assessment to ensure this is a good fit.